[TYPO3-dev] Speed up your Typo3 website by optimizing images

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Mon Dec 29 13:16:36 CET 2008

Hi,
> John Angel wrote:
>> What if I tell you that you can significantly speed up your Typo3 sites by optimizing images WITHOUT losing their quality?
>
> I would say it is fantastic! :) I host one site, which has over $GB of images. It is a pain in you-know-where to backup it. I should definitekly try your way ;)

adding "params = -strip" to every image processing done with TS (like
tt_content.image.20.1.file.params = -strip" is already helping a lot.

I don't think that profiles and meta data should automatically get
removed when uploading a image to fileadmin or with DAM. Only images
directly uploaded to the uploads folder should get stripped. If you f.e.
have some kind of photo community where you would like to display the
exposure, lens, shutter settings etc. you will need the meta data (EXIF).

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch