[TYPO3-dev] Speed up your Typo3 website by optimizing images

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Dec 29 09:39:58 CET 2008

Hi!

John Angel wrote:
> What if I tell you that you can significantly speed up your Typo3 sites by optimizing images WITHOUT losing their quality?

I would say it is fantastic! :) I host one site, which has over $GB of images. It is a pain in you-know-where to backup it. I should definitekly try your way ;)

Btw, two days ago I thought about adding a hook to image processing to all such scripts run for each image created by TYPO3. Here is a little more info that I found on optimizing images:

http://developer.yahoo.com/performance/rules.html#opt_images

It would be cool to have an extension, which runs such optimization tool.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team