[TYPO3-dev] Multidomain setups and crosslinking - concept

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Dec 19 13:32:25 CET 2008

Hi,

> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> my pages:
>> - root (domainA)
>> - - sub1
>> - - sub2
>> - - sub3 (domainB)
>> - - - subsub1
>>
>> Now i'm on page sub1 and link to page subsub1 in RTE (normal way with
>> link browser). In FE i would expect the link with domainB/page_subsub1
>
> This is completely different issue. Nested domains never worked well in TYPO3. Last January we spent over three weeks in Netcreators fixing various issues with this problem in both TYPO3 and RealURL and still could not make it work reliably. There is at least one fixed bug report about it.
>
> I would expect the same link as you. But it does not work this way in TYPO3 :( TYPO3 does not like nested domains. So I never use such configurations myself.

Well, I find it quite strange to have such configuration but I'm not
sure I would expect the same link as both of you. If I am in domainB,
then subpages are with domainB prepended but linking to sub3 and subsub1
from within domainA is not clear why it should privilege linking to
domainB over domainA. It is a subpart of domainA after all.

Do you have a real world example of such a configuration? Because the
only usecase I see would be something like that

- root (mysoftware.com)
   - sub1
   - sub2
   - documentation (doc.mysoftware.com)

But then this structure would be OK too:

- root (mysoftware.com)
   - sub1
   - sub2
   - shortcut documentation