[TYPO3-dev] Proper usage of session storage

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Thu Dec 18 00:01:17 CET 2008

Hi all,

I have a question about the proper usage of TYPO3's session storage
mechanism. Let's say I do a call like:

$GLOBALS['TSFE']->fe_user->setKey('ses', $key, $stuff);

to store some stuff in the session, and then retrieve it using:

$GLOBALS['TSFE']->fe_user->getKey('ses', $key);

I can't get this to work when there's no FE user logged in.

The weird thing is that the storage seems to work. As soon as I log in
as a FE user, whatever was stored before I logged in is suddenly
available. Could it be that the session data is not properly initialised
when no FE user is logged in?

I will dig deeper into this, but I thought I would ask first in case
someone has encountered the same problem.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter