[TYPO3-dev] Error with checkbox

Daniel Calderini daniel.calderini at wng.ch
Tue Dec 16 09:44:35 CET 2008

Hi list,

I have a problem with TCEForms in an extension.
I have the following field defined in the TCA of my ext.:

"type" => array (
	"exclude" => 1,
	"label" => "Label",
	"config" => array (
		"type" => "check",
		"cols" => 4,
		"items" => array (
			array("Value 0", ""),
			array("Value 1", ""),
			array("Value 2", ""),
		),
	)
),

This works well, but I want the items list to be generated dynamically.
So I changed the TCA definition to this:

"type" => array (
	"exclude" => 1,
	"label" => "Label",
	"config" => array (
		"type" => "check",
		"cols" => 4,
		"items" => array(),
		"itemsProcFunc" => 'tx_myext_lib->tcaFillType',
	)
),

And here is my function:
public function tcaFillType(&$params, &$pObj) {
	$data = array(
		0 => 'Value 0',
		1 => 'Value 1',
		2 => 'Value 2',
	);

	foreach ($data as $key => $value) {
		$params['items'][$key] = array($value, '');
	}
}

The field is rendered, but changing values doesn't work:
- if I check "Value 0" or "Value 1", it works;
- if I check "Value 2" and save, "Value 1" is displayed as checked;
- if I check more than 1 value it is allways only "Value 1" that is
checked after saving!

Is it a bug or did I do something wrong in my function/TCA definition?

I wrote a similar function to fill the values of a select box and it
works well. Is there something different with checkboxes?

Thanks,
Daniel Calderini