[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 Non-User Sessions

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Fri Dec 12 21:18:02 CET 2008

Hi,

> I was wondering if there is a Typo3 way to save and retrieve sessions
> for a non-logged in user, or should I just use PHP $_SESSSION for this?

Yes, there is :-)

The way to store in session is:

$GLOBALS['TSFE']->fe_user->setKey('ses', $key, $stuff);

The first parameter indicates whether the stuff is to be stored in the
transient part of the session, i.e. the part that's not saved. If you
set the parameter to 'user' instead, the stuff will be saved to the
corresponding fe_user record when the page is more or less finished
rendering.

The second parameter is the key used to store and retrieve your stuff.
Finally, the third parameter is the structure you want to store. It can
be any type of PHP data.

To get the stuff back from the session:

$GLOBALS['TSFE']->fe_user->getKey('ses', $key);

HTH

--

Francois Suter