[TYPO3-dev] Best way to check if a fe_user has been logged in the first time

Patrick Rodacker patrick.rodacker at the-reflection.de
Mon Dec 8 12:42:15 CET 2008

Hi Franz,

Franz Koch schrieb:

>> I wonder, what's the best way to check if a frontend user is logged in
>> the first time, if there is any?
>>
>> Any help appreciated.
>
> isn't there a db-field called "lastlogin" with the timestamp of the last
> login? If this one is empty, it's most likely that it's the first time ;)

yes there is, and that was my first approach as well. Problem is, it is
not empty when trying to check from a script integrated on the first
page the user visits after the login.

At the moment it is a php script included by the extension
page_php_content (not my choice) which should be extended.

Is it likely to perform a successful check before the lastlogin value
gets updated from within a plugin or USER, USER_INT object?

Regs
Patrick