[TYPO3-dev] Link wizard allows to link to CEs that are not allowed for section index

Thorsten Kahler [dkd] thorsten.kahler at dkd.de
Mon Dec 8 09:55:11 CET 2008

Hi Franz,

Franz Koch schrieb am 07.12.2008 21:42 Uhr:
> Hi Uschi,
>> In other words, I would not want to hide all CEs which do not have a
>> section index, at least not in general.
>
> you're right - might not be something for general use - at least not the
> way I'm currently doing it.
> I think I'll add the ID to headlines instead of the wrapping container
> (if available), and show all items in the element browser again. So I
> can save the wrapping div at least in situations where no other
> additional styling (layout frame, margins) are applied. You most like
> jump to a headline anyway.

this solution seems better to me than dropping the IDs completely.

Another reason to keep them are visitors who want to link to a distinct
part of a page. Think of TYPO3 documentation on typo3.org where you have
to scroll down several screens to find a paragraph. Re-enabling the
section IDs was a great help if you want to point to a sub-chapter.

Regards
Thorsten

--

Thorsten Kahler