[TYPO3-dev] Flash requests logs out FE users in IE?(solved)

Morten Olesen mo at idefa.dk
Fri Dec 5 11:01:07 CET 2008

Hi,

deleting useragent from [FE][lockHashKeyWords] in the install tool does
the trick as for some reason flash in an IE browser will set the UA to
"Shockwave Flash" rather than the browser.

The security impact is negligible as anyone anyone with your session
cookie would also have access to your browsers UA string - and changing
a browsers UA string is a trivial task.

/Morten Olesen