[TYPO3-dev] How to auto-update Typo3 to latest stable via SVN?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Dec 2 17:27:07 CET 2008

Hi!

Erik Svendsen wrote:
> Some idea how to get a testing team up and running, knowlegde and
> competencies needed in a test team. I find this a good idea.

Test team should have a set of standard functionality tests to perform. For example:
- install extension XXX and check that left menu is updated automatically (module shows up)
- change password and see that it is replaced with asterisks
- test that TCEMAIN.clearCacheCmd TSConfig works

Test instructions should be very precize (step by step) and list also desired output. Testing team can divide tests among members and start doing them. When test is succeeded, it is marked somewhere (a new extension and page for it on typo3.org?). If all tests pass, the release is ready.

When new functionality appears, new tests can be added to the list.

The problem is that it a routine work to test software be using the list of tests. But itensures that software runs. Normally such tests must be done at RC stages and could be done at any other time during development.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team