[TYPO3-dev] How to auto-update Typo3 to latest stable via SVN ?

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Tue Dec 2 12:45:41 CET 2008

On 02.12.2008 12:22 Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Stefan Geith wrote:
>> I would like to to do a daily 'SVN update' via cron
>> on my Servers to ensure to have always the latest
>> stable version of e.g. Typo3 4.2
>> (but no autoupdate to 4.3 when it is released!)
>
> I would advice against it. You cannot call SVN versions stable.

trunk and branches are generally not to be meant as stable, but tags of
course can be. I suppose the stable packages are built from tagged svn
versions. So if tag is unstable, package will also be. So stable or not
depends on the policy and convention of svn repository. Please correct
me if I am wrong in the case of TYPO3 core.

--
cheers,
Steffen

http://www.t3node.com/