[TYPO3-dev] Multi-Domain problem

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Aug 28 12:20:59 CEST 2008

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> second: i enabled realurl and urls are all correct. So there is one
> basic rootpage_id in config. If other domain is called, Typo3 does the
> redirect to the page with domain record.
> Why do i need configure this rootpage_id? I know it's important to have
> at least one rootpage_id configured, but i don't see the need to to do
> it for the other domain, which disadvantage do i have now?

Not one, you must have them for every domain. This is clearly stated in the manual. Otherwise RealURl will have to make many extra queries to find that rootpage_id every time when page is visited.

If have a path like this: http://example.com/path/to/page, RealURL must know where to start searching for the final page. It must start with domain (example.com). You can either hint the rootpage_id or force RealURL to make a query to search for domain. Sometimes it is not a single query as you can think. So, if you do not specify rootpage_id, you force extra queries *at every visit* to the web site.

It works if you do not specify rootpage_id but you pay for it by performance decrease.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team