[TYPO3-dev] Multi-Domain problem

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Aug 27 22:04:02 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> yes, that's strange indeed. But realurl urls are all ok :-)
>> Maybe because i didn't configured domains in realurl?
>
> You should! In multi-domain environment every domain should be
> configured and have a proper rootpage_id.

Hi Dmitry,

first: i tested all without realurl, so the issue with "is root" is
independent from realurl.

second: i enabled realurl and urls are all correct. So there is one
basic rootpage_id in config. If other domain is called, Typo3 does the
redirect to the page with domain record.
Why do i need configure this rootpage_id? I know it's important to have
at least one rootpage_id configured, but i don't see the need to to do
it for the other domain, which disadvantage do i have now?

vg Steffen