[TYPO3-dev] A search query question

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi
Thu Aug 21 15:50:16 CEST 2008

Sacha Vorbeck kirjoitti:
 > Hi,
 >
 >> Commonly there are queries like pid IN (...)
 >>
 >> But I would need opposite (list of pages, which must exclude from
seach) and pid NOT IN (...) didn't work - what's the correct

 > not a direct answer to your quetion but: IN is powerful as it can
contain a sub-query but often find_in_set is sufficient and you can
easily negate it:

 > SELECT line, category
 > FROM lines
 > WHERE FIND_IN_SET('4',category)>0;

how to negate that? I mean found values should be skipped and not taken
to the result array

the problem of NOT IN(...) is that if that is empty, it cause error but
  FIND_IN_SET('4',category) can be empty