[TYPO3-dev] Get extKey from classname

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Thu Aug 21 14:10:06 CEST 2008

Hi,

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> there is no possibility to get extKey from a classname. The other way
>> is implemented in t3lib_extMgm, but it'S not possible to revert again.
>>
>> Any ideas? I thought about adding classnames of extension to
>> $TYPO3_LOADED_EXT
>
> Good idea! But I think it is enough to add prefix ("tx_myext_"), not all
> class names. There can be many classes in the extension, adding them all
> is a waste of memory.

there is a problem as there is no standard. tx_ is given always, but the
rest is done by the dev (if not used _pi1).

The reason for my question is to get a default icon from the ext in
t3lib_extMgm, where normally the classname is given but not the extKey.
I experimented with something like
$TYPO3_LOADED_EXT[$key]['classnames'][] = $classfile;
There are not too much as only classfiles for plugins are in. It works,
i can browse this in BE->configuration, i only had some difficulties
with the order, that when i need this info, the plugin may not be added
to extMgm and classnames are empty.

vg Steffen