[TYPO3-dev] load ballancing and mysql master/slave architecture

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Aug 15 14:06:27 CEST 2008

Hi,

>> I think about improving website productivity with  mysql replication.
>> I would like to INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE to master database and SELECT
>> from random slave databases.
>> Question is: How to allocate read and write to the two different servers.
>

> You might better ask this on a mysql list I guess.

It seems that you will need kind of a local proxy for MySQL that will
forward queries either to the master server or to one of the slaves
because you cannot define two different servers in TYPO3 to be used for
SELECT or for UPDATE/INSERT/DELETE only.

And after a 30 sec search on Google I think MySQL Proxy:
http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/MySQL_Proxy is your friend :-)

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html