[TYPO3-dev] Re language installation crashes EM

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Aug 15 14:01:03 CEST 2008

> The problem with the crashing EM always arises when i try to install an language pack from the EM.
> My hoster does not allow curl or allow_url_fopen and this makes the installation crash as the PHP-script still tries to use the functionality.
> Is there any link or downoad where i can get a german language pack for manual install via ftp?

You certainly have a local install of TYPO3 somewhere where you may do
what you want. Install same extensions there and use this install to
download your translations. You will then simply have to copy
translations files to your production server.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html