[TYPO3-dev] Checking for access restrictions on page

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Thu Aug 14 18:30:09 CEST 2008

Hi Dmitry,
> Christian Lerrahn wrote:
> > Any more comments from anyone on this? I'm really confused. I'd
> > like to believe Dmitry but my site seems to behave different from
> > what he claims. Is that my exotic configuration? Or was Dmitry just
> > wrong about FE access restrictions not being inherited? If so, how
> > do I properly check for inherited restrictions without having to
> > climb up the tree for every page myself?
>
> I answered you about the plugin and checked access restrictions
> inside the plugin only :)

Maybe I didn't explain the scenario well enough then. What I do is read
page records and output links to these pages. Pages which have a local
access restriction will not appear. However, if the restriction is
inherited, the page will be listed and linked and when I click on the
link, I'll get a login form.
What I don't like is the unnecessary information disclosure this
results in. Let alone that I could compile a list of mainly useless
link for someone who doesn't have a login at all.

Sorry about the confusion. :)

Cheers,
Christian