[TYPO3-dev] Checking for access restrictions on page

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Aug 14 01:07:32 CEST 2008

on Wed, 13 Aug 2008 20:54:10 +0200, Christian Lerrahn wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 13:48:13 +0200
> Christian Lerrahn <typo3 at penpal4u.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi Dmitry,
>> >
>> > If you are in the FE plugin, than $this->cObj->enableFields('pages')
>> > will take care of access restrictions. FE does not have inheritance
>> > for access permissions.
>>
>> Are you sure that access restrictions are not inherited? I tried
>> visiting pages that are subpages of FE restricted pages without logging
>> in and I always only got a login form. I do use enableFields but that
>> is only enough if FE access restrictions are really not inherited...
>
> Any more comments from anyone on this? I'm really confused. I'd like to
> believe Dmitry but my site seems to behave different from what he
> claims. Is that my exotic configuration? Or was Dmitry just wrong about
> FE access restrictions not being inherited? If so, how do I properly
> check for inherited restrictions without having to climb up the tree for
> every page myself?

FE-access-restriction can be inherited (checkbox), but then your FE-
plugin on a subpage is not rendered as the whole page is not shown/
rendered at all, but the page atop which has no restrictions.

If the inheritage is not activ, the subpage with your plugin is shown as
any normal page. Also your plugin is rendered in a normal way (and has no
information about a page atop which is protected).

bernd