[TYPO3-dev] Checking for access restrictions on page

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Aug 13 21:52:51 CEST 2008

Christian Lerrahn schrieb:
> Hi Dmitry,
>> Christian Lerrahn wrote:
>>> I need them in the FE. Sorry, I didn't think of a scenario where I
>>> need the FE access in the BE but obviously scenarios like this
>>> exist... :)
>> If you are in the FE plugin, than $this->cObj->enableFields('pages')
>> will take care of access restrictions. FE does not have inheritance
>> for access permissions.
>
> Are you sure that access restrictions are not inherited? I tried
> visiting pages that are subpages of FE restricted pages without logging
> in and I always only got a login form. I do use enableFields but that
> is only enough if FE access restrictions are really not inherited...
>
> Cheers,
> Christian

FE has this inherit as it supports the extendToSubpages-flag for access.
The only thing i see for user access check in enableFields is in
t3libpage::getMultipleGroupsWhereClause where group list is fetched from
$GLOBALS['TSFE']->gr_list so the inherit check should be done in this
list, try to find out.

vg Steffen