[TYPO3-dev] Checking for access restrictions on page

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Sat Aug 9 18:20:28 CEST 2008

Hi,
what is the officially correct way of checking the FE access
restrictions of a certain page? I need to be able to pick a page id (or
record for that matter) and then find out if the currently logged in FE
user is allowed to access it or not. I tried checkPageGroupAccess() but
it only checks the current record and not if any restrictions are
inherited. Is there any function that does the check along with
traversing the page tree to find inherited restrictions?

Cheers,
Christian