[TYPO3-dev] Tip: How to set module template for own module

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Aug 4 16:20:23 CEST 2008

Tapio Markula schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper kirjoitti:
>> Tapio Markula schrieb:

>>> but that can't be applied in ext_tables.php
>>> Because ext_tables.php can use class variables.
>>>
>>> I would need to set that in ext_tables.php, which doesn't have a
>>> proper way to handle module templates :(
>>
>> you can define the templates in ext_tables and use them in the classes
>> ;-)
>
> I know that but default modules don't support the method you described -
> that can be applied only XCLASSed core modules or your own modules :(.

that's not true.
Example: lowlevel/config

You can use a different template by defining:

$GLOBALS['TBE_STYLES']['htmlTemplates']['templates/config.html'] =
'fileadmin/templates/new_config.html';

you only have to look for the name is used to set template:
$this->doc->setModuleTemplate('templates/config.html');

vg Steffen