[TYPO3-dev] Progress report II

Georg Ringer mail-spam at ringerge.org
Fri Aug 1 10:01:29 CEST 2008

Hi Ernesto,

thanks for your interest in the extension! I need to make it short
because otherwise I miss my train ;)

> great work so far! Amazing how fast the ball got rolling in this issue.
> I think what was crucial here is that someone "just did it" instead of
> just talking about. Thanks!

Yes absolutly.

> About Magento itself, Georg, could you tell us what do you think? It is
> already "usable" for German deals?

IMO yes. It is so much better then the rest

> How will you plan to bind in "checkout", "basket" etc in the TYPO3
> integration?

There is currently no API for that to do it not @ Magento. So the first
step will be to find out how Magento will support that!

> I can imagine that one wants to use "more" than just some
> product listing here and there in TYPO3, but that one wants to use the
> whole "Shop" (the browsing, categorization, the basket, maybe even the
> registration process, the checkout process, etc) from Magento in their
> TYPO3 environment. What are the concepts to do so in your extension?

Categorization, Browsing will be no problem and already planned by us.
The rest is not planned yet but would be certainly very cool!

Registration only makes sense with SSO which is maybe done by Murat.

Have a nice weekend
Georg