[TYPO3-dev] An idea to further process ' page not found ' 404 handling

Matt - [SwagmanInternet] typo3 at swagmaninternet.com
Wed Apr 30 03:43:53 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> SwagmanInternet wrote:
>> COMMENT OUT
>>
>>             # RewriteRule .* index.php [L]
>>
>> ADD/CHANGE TO
>>
>>             # If any file/dir/symlink does not exist, set id=000 ,
>> this value not likely to exist in the databases page table
>>             RewriteRule .* index.php?id=000 [L]
>
> Breaks RealURL and looks bad.

Hi Dimitry,

I thought that would be the case for RealURL;
but it appears to work for simulate static documents and may work
for installs that have no RealURL or no simulate static documents
configured.

I suggested the Rewriterule as a short term fix for those who may
be having problems with 404 handling.

What are yours or anyone elses thoughts on using the above RewriteRule
for persons using simulate static documents?

thanks,

Matt K
SwagmanInternet.com