[TYPO3-dev] Small font in Admin panel

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 13:32:50 CEST 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 10:41 AM, Steffen Kamper <steffen at sk-typo3.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  the problem i saw is that it depends on the css used for FE, so it would be
>  better imho to use px

I disagree. This would be a step *backwards*.

The admin panel (mostly) used to use <font> elements with the size
attribute. This allowed the text to be resized in all circumstances.
If it is now changed to CSS pixel-values, it will become non-resizable
in many cases (i.e. where IE is used).

If the font-size declaration really *must* be independent of the FE
stylesheet (I don't think it should be, see below), then I would
suggest using the keyword "small". If this breaks the admin panel
layout in some cases, then that's a problem with the admin panel that
should (and can!) be fixed.

Incidentally (I have no running install of 4.2, so can't test this),
if the old font tags have been replaced with style attributes in the
HTML directly, then absolutely nothing has been gained since such
styles are nearly impossible to override. When there's a logged-in BE
user with admin panel rights, we should be detecting this and serving
up a stylesheet for it.

Finally, while we're at it, is there *really* any good reason to
include the admin panel *after* the closing html element? I admit,
this has no important consequences, but it's occasionally embarrassing
when working with developers new to TYPO3...

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/