[TYPO3-dev] [4.2 RC2 - incident] Clear all cache forBE-module-settings

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 22:03:16 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Steffen Kamper <steffen at sk-typo3.de> wrote:

>  "Christopher Torgalson" <bedlamhotel at gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>  news:mailman.10792.1208545958.3430.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 9:06 PM, Christoph Koehler
>  > <christoph.koehler at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >> In article
>  >>  <mailman.1.1208528871.11998.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de>Stanislas
>  >>  Rolland <typo3 at sjbr.ca> wrote:
>  >>
>  >>
>  >>  >  I suggest that "Clear all cache" should also clear the configuration
>  >>  > cache. It would cause no harm and would do what it says.
>  >>
>  >>  +1 from me.
>  >>
>  >>  Also, "Clear all cache" sounds fine to me. Not sure if I am used to it
>  >>  or what.
>  >
>  >
>  > I'm used to it too. That doesn't change the fact that 'all' implies
>  > something plural but 'cache' is singular...
>  >
>  > --
>  that's indeed true, so "Clear all caches" would be the correct?

Grammatically, yes.

The exact-wording debate has gone through enough cycles today that I'm
not sure any more which precise phrase was preferred. If it's just a
matter of the current label accompanied by a change in function, I'd
personally suggest "clear caches" or "clear cache" ( both of which
have the side-benefit of being shorter :-) )

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/