[TYPO3-dev] Import Extension from TER

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Sat Apr 12 21:51:59 CEST 2008

Hi Jeff,

> Just got it on the bugtracker and will propose it on the core list
> shortly...
>
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8108

I tested your patch and posted my remarks in the core list. But I still
think the current situation is worse than before. You mention the following:

 > This behavior was introduced in changeset 2643, which adds user
 > function support in the Constants Editor.

Could you outline the advantages of those user functions? Why is it
necessary that the extension be installed first, since the source code
is available anyway (as Masi already pointed out).

The net result is that the options are not displayed right away after
extension installation anymore. I think this is really bad for
usability, so I would like to know if the advantages of this new feature
really outweigh the usability loss it introduced.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter