[TYPO3-dev] Error-Messages in ListView of new Backend

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Apr 11 17:01:05 CEST 2008

Hi!

Stefan Geith wrote:
> No - I _did_ delete the temp_CACHED_* files.
>
> I copied the site (including tt_news_cat record with pid=0) but
> _without_ the php-files of extension tt_news.
>
> But this is not the point.

Ah, well, if you do not need help with removing this error, I appologize for my attempt to help ;)

> The point is, that
> a) there is no expressive/speaking error message,
>    that tells me _what_ table was involved
> b) the layout is scrambled
>
> I think there _should_ be a way to handle error- (or debug-) messages
> from within db_list. A possibility to register an error-message or a
> global array with messages, that is rendered in extraFormHeaders (or
> just above the list) without confusing the layout.

Well, this error can happen not only in list module but in huge amount of other places in core because it happens due to incorrect TYPO3 configuration. I doubt it is useful to put a check for wrong configuration on every line in TYPO3.

Good solution would be TYPO3 own error handler with logging all such messages to file along with stack trace.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team