[TYPO3-dev] Error-Messages in ListView of new Backend

Stefan Geith typo3dev2008.nospam1 at geithware.de
Fri Apr 11 12:44:29 CEST 2008

Hi Devs,

I just made a local copy of one of my sites, and forgot to copy the
tt_news extension (that is used on this site) to the ext-folder.

This lead me to an error-message:
In Listmode I got this Error-Message:
   "Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
    E:...\class.db_list.inc on line 690"

Problem 1:
When a PHP-Error occurs in ListMode, the whole Output is displaced and
you can't see the docheaders anymore.
Couldn't this be fixed within CSS (t3skin) ?
I think it is necessary to get a readable/usable Output even if a
php-error (or e.g. a debug-message) appears.

Problem 2:
Couldn't / shouldn't class.db_list.inc be modified to produce a simple
error-message, so that you can see, what table created this error ?
E.g.
<snip>
     if (!is_array($TCA[$table]['columns'])) {
         echo "ERROR: Table '$table' - no columns available! <br />";
     } else {
         foreach($TCA[$table]['columns'] as $fN => $fieldValue)	{
</snip>
I think even this unstyled/untranslated message is better than a
php-error - right ?

-

Stefan