[TYPO3-dev] possible bug with workspace overlay of shortcut pages when fetching rootline!

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Thu Apr 10 20:52:30 CEST 2008

Hi list,

I recently noticed a strange behavior. I tried to fetch the pageTS of a
page with the method 't3lib_beFunc::getPagesTSconfig($pid,true)' and
define some pageTS in my rootpage, which is of type shortcut.

In this setup the page with type shortcut will not show up in the rootline.

The method 'getPagesTSconfig' is internally using a call to
't3lib_BEfunc::BEgetRootLine($id, '', TRUE)' - and that is where the bug
seems to be nested. The last parameter of this call (TRUE) is defining
whether workspace-overlay should be used or not. When I set it to FALSE
and thus deactivate the workspace-overlay, then every page shown
correctly in the returned rootline. If overlay is enabled, the page of
type shortcut is missing.

This is my pagetree:

TYPO3-ROOT

  |-Container [shortcut] (with basic TS settings for every website)

    |-Website 1 [shortcut]
    |   |
    |   |- anotherpage

    |-Website 2

I've defined some pageTS on page "website 1", but on "Home" the page
"Website 1" is missing in the rootline array. Same for any other page on
that level, like "anotherpage" as I just found out.

What could that be? Tested this with 4.1.3 and latest trunk of 4.2.

Any ideas? Can somebody reproduce this?

--
kind regards,
Franz