[TYPO3-dev] Import Extension from TER

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Wed Apr 9 15:39:47 CEST 2008

Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> exactly - all is needed to render Configuration is the
>> ext_conf_template.txt, all to do is to save the extConf-Array to
>> localconf. i don't see any conflict here.
>
> Georg's point was that to save the confArray the user has to be
> displayed a form (unless you're fine with the defaults). Someone (Jeff?)
> thought to render user-defined fields it's necessary to install the
> extension.

It was mainly Dmitry and Ingo discussing this originally at [1] as an
addon to the original patch (slightly before the core list was open and
before my time). In the original patch, I didn't think to test it with
uninstalled extensions, so I'm sure there were some issues.

I'll take a look and see what I can do about making the user-defined
fields show up before the extension is installed.

Thanks,
Jeff

[1]
http://support.typo3.org/index.php?id=12&tx_nntpreader_pi1[nid]=61&tx_nntpreader_pi1[mid]=142752&cHash=f2bf2cb0bb