[TYPO3-dev] rendering in the not so easy way?

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Apr 9 00:19:42 CEST 2008

on Tue, 08 Apr 2008 23:06:05 +0200, JoH asenau wrote:

>>> in rscontentcolumn I have exactly the same, which works fine for ALL
>>> ctypes... The only thing is, that I do not pass a list of uid but a
>>> single. This works well for plugins as long if I do not try to render
>>> the current plugin itself. Probably the check in typo3 is not only
>>> done with same element but element of same extension.
>>
>> definitly no recursion, as there is no content-element with the 'outer'
>> extension.
>>
>> The 'outer' extension is called by typoscript and is the full build-up
>> of the page.
>>
>> this is done because this content is shown in an iframe.
>>
>> including the inner extension in the normal page with
>> styles.content.get
>> gives a normal result.
>> what is the difference between this declarations? should there be some
>> more definitions?
>
> Let me guess: Both, your and the included plugin, are using USER_INT or
> something similar to prevent caching?

correct.

> Since you can not nest XXX_INT objects, this might be a good reason for
> the behaviour you described.

why this?
wouldn't it make sense that only non-cached-objects can include non-
cached objects?

I could change the outer extension to USER as it always will work the
same, but the inner one couldn't be cached since it has to compute
results based on the time (it is timed content, changing every minute)
How will the outer cached extension then include the uncached changing
content?
I thought this can not work, so i decided to have an uncached outer
extension.

bernd