[TYPO3-dev] innoDB filesize nightmare

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Fri Sep 28 23:59:14 CEST 2007

Hey steffen,

InnoDB is indeed not very efficient when it comes to storage file sizes.
If you can just switch to MyISAM if file size is a concern.

I have ready a couple of posts about people that needs
transaction size DB's and where shocked about this 'feature'.

You can also wait untill falcon get's stable (in a couple of years)..

But for now, switch to MyISAM.

Ries

PS: DB restoration times on large InnoDB tables also takes a loooong
time.