[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3-Site Maintanance

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Mon Sep 24 18:36:38 CEST 2007

Hi Patrick,

"Patrick Gaumond" <patrick at typo3quebec.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1190651134.6332.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>
>> Doing something in TYPO3 with alt. template or domainrecords is not the
>> way when maintaining the database, because the temp. site uses it.
>> I think best would be the solution from JoH (alternativ index.php) with
>> proper header in it.
>>
>> The second reason I asked for is may be an integration in TYPO3. Let's
>> say, the admin goes to setup and sets the flag, TYPO3 makes the rest. So
>> it would be easy to disable the whole site whil working on.
>
> I think that solution not requiring TYPO3/MySQL are better for this kind
> of job too.
>
> The thing is that it should not be put into Tools->Install but locally for
> any site. Localconf is then the key for some redirection...
>
> How and where do such swapping could be integrated into TYPO3 ?
>
> Patrick

nice to hear that you like that idea.

I tried this on my site while moving to a new server, so i don't wanted to
have any changes in database until the domain switch will be active.

The easiest way in my eyes is following:

- need a simple static page "Maintainance" (could be with Headline and a
nice picture)  -  this will be default
- in localconf.php a var is defined for maintanance (if 1 then go)
- in localconf.php a var is defined for alternativ page (path) to show

in index.php
- read localconf
- if flag is found: show maintanance page and make an exit.

very easy and useful (in my eyes)

When others are interested in i could post a patch for it in BT

vg  Steffen