[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3-Site Maintanance

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Sep 20 00:45:58 CEST 2007

> what do you do for maintainance on a site ?
> I do a new page at the beginning with a simple setup. But what with the
> other pages, they are still available.
> It would be nice to redirect direct to a little static HTML-page.
>
> Maybe it could be managed by an entry in localconf.php to redirect to this
> page. So DB is free for some works/backups etc.
> What do you think ?

Simply create another page on the root level.

maintenance
    |- Page1
    |- Page 2

and then create a domain record for this page, that will redirect all
requests to this page only. This way all the subpages of "Home" won't be
available anymore, since they are not in the same tree.

When you're done, simply move the domain record to the home page again.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC/Xing: http://www.cybercraft.de