[TYPO3-dev] New Hooks in tslib_content for 4.2

Stefan Geith typo3dev2007 at geithware.de
Tue Sep 18 09:00:58 CEST 2007

Hi Devs,

some time ago, I suggested some Hooks and a small change for Typo3 4.2
in the bugtracker:

1)  Hooks in tslib_content:
     http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5536
     (There is also a patch for these Hooks in the bugtracker)

1a) cObjGetSingle
     There is a hook, for new TS-Objects, but its name has to fixed.
     A Hook that 'catches' all unprocessed (or undefined) TS
     would be great (simply a hook in the default-part of the
     switch(object-name) )

1b) stdWrap
     It would be great to have some hooks in stdWrap:
     - a Hook for preprocessing a stdWrap
     - a Hook for adding new Properties to stdWrap
     - and a Hook for postprocessing the stdWrap
     This would give e.g. the possibility to
     define a new (and better understandable)
     'condition'-function as an alternative to 'if'

1c) getData (=getText)
     Would be great if you could provide new possibilities
     in getData simply by a hook...

2)  FeUser-Editing
     More and more plugins are available where FeUsers
     can add/change records in the FrontEnd.
     In the backend there is a machanism that shows
     an Information if a record is open for editing by
     another Be-User.
     Same would be nice for FeUsers: An Admin in the BE
     should see, when an FeUser is editing a record
     right now.
     A hook (or even worse xclassing) would give too
     much overhead, I thing, so I suggest to simply
     add a field 'feuserid' to table 'sys_lockedrecords'
     and doing a small adaption of 'isRecordLocked' in
     t3lib_befunc.

     A patch providing these changes and a patch
     adding a function for this in TSFE is provided
     in the bugtracker:
     http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4655

What do you think about these changes ?
I hope they will make it into 4.2 ... ;)

-

Stefan