[TYPO3-dev] Pending Docs as a base for explaining new features

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Sep 14 09:33:05 CEST 2007

Patrick Gaumond schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> Patrick Gaumond schrieb:
>>> I've just came across the "Pending documentation" page on the Wiki.
>>>
>>> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Pending_Documentation
>>>
>>> And was wondering if it makes sense to use it as part of the official
>>> "Release Notes".
>>
>> No, because it just means that the info has not been integrated into
>> the OO files.
>
> I know but the point is that it's "lost" in the official document. To
> knwo how to use a new feature you have to read the nice formated text
> (in development/articles on typo3.org) then use a the *.diff file
> located on Sourceforge to finally find how it works...
>
> So maybe adding a "New features" in the TOC with the changes could also
> be a solution. The thing is that no one will easily find out how to use
> new features.

Of course there is much room for inmprovement. I only think that this Wiki
page is not the solution. What I would like to see in TSref itself is
version information for every feature/property wher it belongs (eg cObjext
XXX, property yyy added in 3.8). And perhaps some kind of TYPO3 version
related "whats new" chapter with a section for every version.

Masi