[TYPO3-dev] Pending Docs as a base for explaining new features

Patrick Gaumond patrick at typo3quebec.org
Thu Sep 13 16:12:32 CEST 2007

I've just came across the "Pending documentation" page on the Wiki.

http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Pending_Documentation

And was wondering if it makes sense to use it as part of the official
"Release Notes".

People (me included) often ask what *really* changed when we got a new
release. Right now we have :

1-The nice worded Articles like:
http://typo3.org/development/articles/release-notes-41/

2- The computer generated diff from docs by Michael:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=20391&package_id=14725

3- The changelog file:
http://typo3.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/typo3/TYPO3core/trunk/ChangeLog?view=markup

But what if we also included the "Pending documentation" page (as a link
to a specific version or an HTML file in a "release folder") ?

I feel that it's more human-friendly than #2 and more precise than #3
and could help people know what a new features really means in term of
real life application.

Comments?

Patrick Gaumond
DMR Conseil