[TYPO3-dev] TCA - set field to NULL

Klaus Hinum k_hinum at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 12 11:34:28 CEST 2007

Hi group,

as I found no answer in the documentation and hours of try out, i think
i found an important missing feature regarding the TCA configuration of
fields:

I was not able to set an integer or real field NULL. The default option
"NULL" or checkbox "NULL" does not work and if i delete a field or leave
it empty it gets 0.

The same applies for date fields as someone posted in the english
mailing list.

In my example it is very important to differ 0 and null, because if the
value for the field is unknown it is different than 0 (0 apples are
different than an unknown amount of apples).

regards
Klaus