[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 4.2 Alpha 1

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Sep 12 10:32:26 CEST 2007

Hi!

JoH asenau wrote:
> The problem might not be the distribution but the current environment, which
> is setup to run TYPO3 versions before 4.2.
> If you are running PHP as apache module (which is true for many hosters as
> well) you can decide if you want PHP4 _OR_ PHP5 but can't have both of them.
> A first check after switching to PHP5 just showed that there are several
> extensions that simply refuse to work with PHP5 (even extdeveval doesn't
> work anymore due to a redeclared $this!). Since I have to make sure that the
> current TYPO3 installs hosted on my live server still run smoothly with
> TYPO3 versions <= 4.1.2, I unfortunately had to switch back to PHP4 again,
> which means: Can't test TYPO3 4.2 so far and additionally means: Can't check
> out the new IRRE features which might have been an additional boost for the
> upcoming ICE pack.

I use extdeveval ok with PHP 5.2.1 on Windows. But I use only
documentation formatting. If something does not work there, have you
reported it as a bug?

> IMHO it's a "no go", if you have to upgrade your whole system just to update
> to a new TYPO3 version while the current versions of many extensions won't
> run on this upgraded system yet and this might put even more people on a
> track leading away from TYPO3.

You are saying "many extensions" but you did not give any particular
name except for extdeveval, which is not for production server. Unless
you say what exactly does not work, this statement either useless, or
considered as false :(

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/