[TYPO3-dev] which php-version?

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Sep 10 11:02:49 CEST 2007

Hi Dmitry,

> Elmar Hinz wrote:
>>> runs with PHP5. Officially we still require PHP4 for 4.1.2.
>>
>> And official proof of this is?..

Was this really Elmar who wrote this word? *scnr*

http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-team-core/2006-November/006391.html

> Quote:
> ------------------------
> TYPO3 4.x is supposed to stay compatible with PHP < 5! That was decided
> by the R&D committee when we discussed how to continue development of
> 4.x and 5.x.
> ------------------------

Well, this is a pretty old mail. Things may have changed since then, mostly
because we had a vote about switching to PHP5 around June this year...

However, I think that the statement above is still right about one thing: It
says that TYPO3 4.x must stay compatible with PHP < 5. This does not
exclude that PHP5 is not supported!

(I cannot find any prove for this, but from memory I remember that PHP5 was
supported by TYPO3core since TYPO3 4.0.)

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out