[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 4.2 Alpha 1

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Mon Sep 10 10:16:06 CEST 2007

Hi,

> officially we're speaking of a 5.2 requirement but we try to use 5.2
> features if it's the only way... so it might/should/could run on
> 5.0/5.1, too. The only thing is that the new installer has a check for
> 5.2 and currently will refuse the installation. We might take a look at
> this again...

Thanks for the information.

Although I agree that it was time to drop support for PHP4.x, I find
that the requirement for 5.2.x is a bit steep. We all know that most
ISPs drag their feet when it comes to upgrading software... So a 5.2.x
requirement will leave a lot of people being unable to upgrade to TYPO3 4.2.

Are there really critical features from 5.2.x that are being used?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter