[TYPO3-dev] <base> tag and IE6

Christian Welzel gawain at camlann.de
Sat Sep 8 21:10:58 CEST 2007

Hi there,

i have now found a solution to one of my problems:
Users of IE6 could not select text on my float-based websites using
the mouse. After googling for hours and trying to fix the "position:
absolute" bug (that causes the same error) though i didnt use absolute
on these pages, now all text selection work fine.
The secret? Typo3 generates the short form of the base tag if config.baseurl
is set (<base />). Exactly this short form causes the bug. Changing it to
<base ...></base> solves it just fine.

So hereby i request this change to be added to the next release of typo3.
It costs nothing to the system but makes the life of every web developer
much more easier.

--
 MfG, Christian Welzel

  GPG-Key:     http://www.camlann.de/key.asc
  Fingerprint: 4F50 19BF 3346 36A6 CFA9 DBDC C268 6D24 70A1 AD15