[TYPO3-dev] Feature-Request: enhanced caching features for 4.2

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Sat Sep 8 19:04:26 CEST 2007

On Sep 8, 2007, at 11:48 AM, Franz Koch wrote:

> Hi,
>
>>> Yes. But I am not sure that it can easily get to the core. Core
>>> team is
>>> very conservative about some things ;) I cannot say that it is
>>> bad but
>>> it slows down intagration of useful features sometimes.
>>
>> Can it be build into core and make it a setting??
>>
>> Config.oldCachebehaviour = ON (off by default)
>
> I think that's something that could be handled with the update-
> wizard :)
> I mean, that's the main purpose of the wizard, isn't it?
>
> --
> Franz

I never could understood the update wizard...
I remember several cases that the update wizard never updated my
database...

But may be in can show a couple of checkboxes...

But I do think we can out experimental features in core and switch
them off or on and let the community decide if teh feature works or not,
many project do it like that... including myself in some projects.

That way the core just needs to make sure that the feature doesn't
crash current websites when it's turned off,
and when turned on many many many people can test it and can report
bugs back.

This because i think not many users will really test patches on
bugtrack,
unless they are technical and really really need it technical and
brave...

It will also speedup additional new features in typo3 core and make
them bug
free quite fast. That if the core team want's that...

Just my humble opinion...

Ries