[TYPO3-dev] CWD-Bug in PHP 5.2.4

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Sep 6 22:32:48 CEST 2007

Hi Björn,

> We had this discussion about the new PHP 5.2.4 version and the problem
> with symbolic links. This bug can be solved by adding a single line in
> the index.php (see http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6158 for details).
>
> Although this solution is quite simple and doesn't cost much, Michael
> Stucki decided not to add this patch into the core. I highly respect the
> work of Michael and I don't want to blame him for this decision since he
> is right in considering this as a PHP bug, but: we all live with PHP
> bugs and find ways around them. Why shouldn't do this for 5.2.4?!

Thanks for the flowers :-)

As I already wrote in the bugtracker, the major reason for not adding this
workaround is because I am not at all sure about possible side effects this
could have. This would need to be checked very thoroughly...

But if I close the bug entry, this doesn't mean that there can't be any
further discussion about it. Just make your comments if there are good
reasons to reconsider this. However, as Steffen already mentioned, there
seems to be a much easier workaround via php.ini.

(Question: Can you still add comments to the bugtracker if a bug is already
closed? I remember there was a problem with this, but I thought it was
solved...?)

> Since this bug causes blank pages and PHP 5.2.5 isn't in sight I bid for
> at least reopen the bug report. Otherwise we have to add another line in
> requirements list of TYPO3: DOES NOT RUN WITH PHP 5.2.4, sorry.

According to Steffen it does.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out