[TYPO3-dev] JavaScript paring problems with tinyrte

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi
Sat Sep 1 17:03:36 CEST 2007

Hi

I used frontend editing with the mode 'Editforms on-page'.
That didn't work with tinyrte.

I found the problem:

I compared JavaScripts - for some reason Typo3 generates parts of
JavaScript incorrectly in frontend.
Frontend rendering seems to parse the Javascript - and cause JavaScript
syntax error here

                                 if (node.nodeName.toLowerCase() == "a"
&& tinyMCE.getAttrib(node, "href") != "") {
                                     curr=tinyMCE.getAttrib(node, "href");
                                     if(curr.indexOf('?id=')<0)
ifcurrindexof="" mailto:="">-1) {
                                             act="mail";
                                         }
Should be

                                     if(curr.indexOf("?id=")<0) {
                                         if(curr.indexOf("mailto:")>-1) {
                                             act="mail";
                                         }
Well because of invalid JavaScript JS Interpreter can't handle the JS.
What I should do in order to get the JS-rendering to be corrected?
I send already a report of this problem to the author of tinyrte but I
would need urgent fix.