[TYPO3-dev] Access to pages by remote applications (SOAP?)

Dan Field dof at llgc.org.uk
Wed Oct 31 18:17:09 CET 2007

Hi, I'm developing a site which requires a certain amount of static
content. Our institution already has an operational typo3
installation which it uses for it's main website. Would it be
possible for me to manage say 20 static content pages with typo3 and
import the content (minus headers and footers) into my Zend Framework
application? I suppose I could just use file_get_contents() if the
typo3 hosted file was just a section of html.

Ultimately I'd like to use a web service to retrieve these files, but
I'll settle for raw sql access or remote file access at a push.

The headers, footers, stylesheets and dynamic content will all be
created by my application. All I want to do is pull in the static
content into a div where it will display within my application. Typo3
seems the obvious place to store and manage these files as our staff
have typo3 training and are competent working in this environment. It
also saves me rewriting the wheel and creating something bespoke
locally.

Any ideas? Am I barking up the wrong tree ?

--
Dan Field <dof at llgc.org.uk>                   Ffôn/Tel. +44 1970 632 582
Peiriannydd Meddalwedd                                 Software Engineer