[TYPO3-dev] RFC: public extension review process

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Wed Oct 31 11:51:30 CET 2007

Hi,

> In the original posting I suggested a modified workflow to motivate more
> people to join the effort. As there hasn't been any resonance at all, I
> think it's fair to conclude that even a modified workflow wouldn't solve
> the problem of missing review processing. The review system obviously will
> not be used in predictable future. Likely not before version 5 if ever.

I think the association could step in here and maybe bring in some money
for that to get it running again, as it's some kind of 'quality
insurance' for TYPO3 in my eyes. The extensions are part of the official
TYPO3 repository and thus a part of the TYPO3 project.

But besides of that I'd vote for a 'official' extension repository - a
repository where there is only 1 extension for the most common purposes
and not 20 doing almost the same (like galleries, guestbooks,
calendars,...) and where all extensions instantly work together.
I think the ECT would be very well suited for that as it exactly tries
to achieve this - but a little more 'official' support would be nice.

Just my 2 cent.

--
Franz