[TYPO3-dev] Fake $TSFE abd cObj for links

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Wed Oct 31 10:25:56 CET 2007

"Elmar Hinz" <elmar07 at googlemail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1193822082.18546.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...

>> Hi Elmar,
>>
>> yes, that's true. The cObj has to be filled proper to work. I tried
>> several ways to "fake" the object but it throws errors if not filled
>> proper. Anyway this is a bit faster than initialising whole pi_base.
>> The cObj is one of the most complex objects in TYPO3.
>>
>> vg  Steffen
>
> True. If I ever consider to contribute something to the core, it would be
> dedicated configurable, simple and fast object, to replace the current
> typolink function, likely a singleton.
>
> From my point of view that would have the highest priority of all, because
> links ard the central binding stuff of every website. The link needs the
> topmost thoughtfulness.
>
> Regards
>
> Elmar

the problem for links is that they need rootline / access etc. so it's
difficult to split. Sure you could make the link to a page without, but one
big effort is that access is.

In my eyes it would be very helpful to have typolink outsided from cObj,
something like t3lib_link. Maybe you could make a proposal as you dealed a
lot with typolink wrapper?

vg  Steffen