[TYPO3-dev] session handling

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Sun Oct 28 12:06:37 CET 2007

"Martin Kutschker" <martin.t.kutschker at n0spam.blackbox.net> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1193568862.10300.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi!
>
> I noticed that on each hit TYPO3 queries the session tables 4 times. Two
> times for the FE and two times for the BE.
>
> One hit is quite clear to me, the other is in comments stated to be
> necessary for auto-login. But why do I need another lookup in the session
> table, and do I really need an auto-BE-login in the FE?!? Does this really
> work? I think a heavy-load site will not need a BE-auto-login (and maybe
> FE editing) and will only be too happy to get rid of two additional (and
> possibly pointless) DB queries.
>
> Can somebody who know the authentication code well enlighten me?
>
> Masi

Hi Masi,

i don't see the need for that too. It's two times really the same
in start: $this->user = $this->fetchUserSession();
in checkAuthentication: $this->user = $this->fetchUserSession();

should be $haveSession = is_array($this->user) ? TRUE : FALSE;  ?

It looks like that feature auto-login is loosing the session data, i don't
know really.
Is auto-login a core feature or extension?

vg  Steffen